- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked polenta
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 cups of water, or homemade broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5-6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- cilantro or basil for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and bell peppers.
2. Saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, paprika, bay leaf and water.
4. Bring to simmer and simmer for at least 15 minutes.
5. In a separate pot, add polenta, butter and salt over medium heat.
6. Add water or broth, ½ cup at a time and stir constantly, allowing the polenta to absorb the liquid.
7. When it has absorbed all of the liquid, add parmesan cheese and stir.
8. Set aside and prepare to cook the eggs.
9. In a medium skillet over medium low heat, spray with non stick spray and crack eggs into the skillet, cook on one side until the eggs start to bubble and flip to finish cooking on the other side - about 30 seconds longer.
10. Serve the polenta in a bowl, topped with the tomato ragout and 1 egg per person.
11. Top with feta and cilantro for garnish.