- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rinsed, drained uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1-2 squares of dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Other optional add ins: nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, other fruit (note: avoid cashews, apples, blackberries and peaches to remain low FODMAP)
1. Heat small saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
2. Add rinsed and drained quinoa to the pan, stirring frequently to lightly toast. Add almond milk, cinnamon, salt and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to pan.
3. Once quinoa absorbs liquid, turn off heat and transfer to bowl. Add mint, berries, pumpkin seeds and chocolate and stir to combine and melt. Microwave to melt if necessary.