- 1.5 pounds (about 2 large) sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/3-inch wedges
- 1 (12-16 oz) can/bottle hard apple cider
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Place sweet potato wedges in wide flat glass dish - or 9x13-inch baking dish and pour cider over potatoes. Let marinate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Place 2 large rimmed baking sheets in the oven and heat oven to 425-degrees.
3. Remove sweet potatoes from cider and dry well using a kitchen towel. Place in large bowl and drizzle with oil; toss well.
4. Remove HOT baking trays from oven and place half of potatoes on one tray and half on the other tray. (Do not crowd, otherwise potatoes will not get crispy!)
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip fries. Bake for about 10-12 more minutes until golden, crispy and soft on the inside.