- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook sweet potatoes in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes to soften up a bit for easier slicing, if desired, being sure to pierce skin of potato with fork or knife several times before cooking.
2. Let potato cool for 30 minutes so you can handle it.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Slice potato into French fries,1/2-inch by 3-inch strips.
5. Add potato slices to medium bowl and drizzle with lime juice, zest, oil, salt and pepper.
6. Place potatoes on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled. Bake for 25-35 minutes—to your desired crispness.
7. Add about 10 minutes to cooking time if using uncooked sweet potato.