- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 28-ounce can ground peeled tomatoes
- 3 large carrots
- 3 cups low FODMAP chicken or vegetable broth
- Small piece of smoked mozzarella cut into bite-size pieces optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add tomatoes to baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon garlic oil and thyme leaves.
3. Roast tomatoes until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
4. In large saucepan or stock pot, add ground peeled tomatoes, carrots, 1 tablespoon garlic oil, and broth and simmer over medium heat to a light boil for 20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
5. Remove tomato mixture from heat and allow to cool for about 1 hour.
6. Add roasted tomatoes to tomato soup mixture and then blend in food processor or blender.
7. Return soup to stock pot and simmer over medium low heat to warm up.
8. Add small pieces of smoked mozzarella to soup and allow to slightly melt.
9. Ladle soup into soup bowl and enjoy.