- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves (about 4-6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (could sub in garlic-infused oil, if desired)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow, red and orange bell pepper
- 2 slices of prosciutto or ham
- 1 can, (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (with no onion, no garlic), do not drain juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut in strips
1. In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add chicken.
2. Add salt and pepper to each side of chicken while it's cooking.
3. Cook chicken for about 3 minutes on each side until almost cooked through.
4. Add bell peppers, ham or prosciutto slices and the can of tomatoes including the juice in the can.
5. Bring heat up to medium high until mixture boils, then reduce heat and cover skillet allowing the mixture to simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
6. Turn chicken over to ensure even cooking.
7. Add fresh basil during last minute of cooking to allow it to wilt but remain bright green.
8. Chicken temperature should be 170 degrees to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.