- 4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes (uncooked) (Alt: Grate 2-3 large peeled raw Yukon Gold or similar potatoes)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused oil or plain olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 eggs (large)
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, if desired. Cut each slice into bite-size pieces.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and pepper, if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Generously oil muffin tin for 12.
3. In medium bowl, add potatoes, egg whites, garlic-infused oil, dash of salt and pepper. (If using freshly grated potatoes, be sure to strain off any liquid.)
4. Gently fold egg whites and oil into potatoes.
5. Divide potato mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
6. Press potato mixture firmly into each muffin cup, allowing some potatoes to line the inside of the muffin (forming a crust).
7. Place muffin tin in oven for 15 minutes to bake potatoes. Remove.
8. Top each of the potato crusts with a few slices of squash and a sprinkle of cheese, evenly.
9. Crack an egg, and add it on top of the squash and cheese. Add bacon to the top of the egg, if desired.
10. Return muffin tin to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until egg is set and cooked through.
11. Garnish with parsley and pepper, if desired.